Thursday, November 10, 2011

Signature Style -- Kathryn L. White

Movies have held a special place in my heart. Most of my childhood memories have The Wizard of Oz playing in the background; Breakfast at Tiffany’s sparked my love for New York and fashion; Titanic gave me my ultimate childhood crush, Leo. A movie has the ability to inspire in so many ways. I appreciate the amount of creative and artistic ability that goes into making movies, as well as the effect they can have on an audience. A movie can make us laugh and cry, as well as leave us feeling challenged and motivated.

Here are some of my must-see movies:

1. (500) Days of Summer- A great, unconventional break-up movie that is both visually creative and witty.
2. Gone with the Wind - A classic romance that takes place during the Civil War. Scarlett O’Hara is a strong, stubborn character who inspires women to fight and succeed through the most traumatic of circumstances.
3. Bonnie and Clyde - A fun, fast paced crime movie made in 1967. The thrilling chase scenes combined with the violence made for a fairly controversial film in the ‘70s.
4. When Harry Met Sally -A simple movie about friendship and romance, but the script is fantastic. It’s the perfect romantic comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment